Monday, February 16, 2015

I Have A Surprise For You...


It's Monday!

This is what I woke up to this morning (well technically I woke up to this "yesterday" morning, this post was written at like 2am Monday morning):


A little man standing on my bed while he exclaimed "look how big my muscles are!"

As much as I like the weekends, I also like Mondays. I mean really, there are only so many ridiculous and incessant questions that any single human being can answer before they need a break.

Allow me to explain.


We had just pulled out of the driveway and were not even out of our neighborhood before The Girl Child asked me "Mommy, what do you do if you are in the car and a tornado comes?"

"Well Girl Child, you find a building to go into."

"But mom, what if the building is entirely filled with bad guys?"

Seriously??

"I don't know Girl Child. I guess you just hope that doesn't happen."

"Mom? What do you do if you are in the woods with a gun and a bear comes running towards you and you think it's going to eat you. Do you shoot it?"

"Uh... I guess you would have to."

"But what if the bear wasn't really going to eat you, it just saw that you had a gun and was running over to tell you that it was a friendly bear?  How would you know?"

What the hell.

Trying to change the subject..."Hey! Girl Child! Look, that license plate says Puggie on it!"

"On a plate?"

"No, on the license plate."

"It talks?"

"No, it's written on the license plate."

"Where?"

"Right there, on the license plate."

"Because a pug is driving the car?"

"No, I guess they just like pugs."

"But doesn't your license have to tell who you are?"

"Yea on your drivers license but this is the plate for the car."

"But you said it wasn't a plate."

"No but...ok, a license plate is a square metal thing on the back of the car that tells the police who the car belongs to."

"But you said it didn't belong to a pug."

"No but.."

GAH!

...and then she cut me off with "Mom, can we just wait to talk about this until I'm a little older? I just really don't understand what you are trying to explain to me."

((Sigh))

It was then that I enacted the "no talking anymore in the car" rule, turned the radio up, and listened to my Boy Child belt out a few song lyrics from a song that came on, a song that I had no idea he knew, and now I'm feeling like I should go re-read a few parenting books because I think I'm doing it wrong.

Speaking of "I'm doing it wrong," this happened.



Oops.

Hey but at least as of Wednesday we have made it this far!!

Totally spent time editing this from my personal Facebook account and then realized I could have just pulled the already edited version from the blog Facebook. Duh.

In all honesty they should just be happy that I keep them:



Thankfully the window was not broken

Overall, I think the kids like me:


And since for some reason I can't crop screenshots, allow me to fill you in on the last part of that screenshot. Oh yes, it had snowed alright:


 Don't mind me, I'm just cleaning a little snow off of my car...


It took a group effort to uncover our common driveway:


No one was spared from helping:


The kids had fun:



But then it snowed a ridiculous amount more and THAT SUCKED.

Don't mind me, I'm just looking for my mailbox (hint, there are actually two rows of mailboxes there).


Don't mind me, I'm just looking for my neighborhood entrance. (Hint, what you can see is the large rock waterfall at the entrance of my neighborhood. What you can not see is the forked road that lies in front of it with a large median in the middle, meaning, I could not figure out where to drive). 

Literally, I do not see a road here...

Which is not an uncommon problem to have when your neighborhood is zoned as a rural area, because 5 days later the streets were still barely passable.


Which wasn't a huge deal considering most of us had yet to be able to get our cars out. This was a car parked directly in front of my house:


Whatever though, we found ways to stay entertained. I found The Boy Child watching TV like this...


And Frisbee Boy's Mom had gotten some things for the kids to make Valentine's Day cards for their classmates/daycare friends, so that kept them busy.


So yep, life in our house is still strange but thankfully we survived another weekend.

We even celebrated Valentine's Day, family style,



Because through it all, the morning wake-ups from a teeny-tiny muscle man, to the incessant question asking 6 year old, and never getting a quiet shower to myself, I love them and I'm keeping them.



Because they think I am cooler than an alien head.

Oh! And do you want to know something even cooler than an alien head?

I have a surprise for you!

How many of you would like a chance to talk to the one and only Mr. Attorney Man?

Stay tuned....


16 comments:

  1. Of COURSE we want a chance to talk to him. I, for one, want to know what he's atoning for that he felt he needed to take you and your mess on!! ;) J/K. I still wanna talk to him....Because anyone who writes a letter like that to trolls must be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...First guest post, I'm down with that. Mr Attorney Man would like the chance to speak for himself, I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it depends on which alien head you're talking about...

    Still pretty cool, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally cooler than an alien head!

    And I hate snow. HATE IT. Well, if I had the choice of curling up next to my non-existent fireplace with a warm cup of coffee or hot chocolate and a book, then maybe I would like it. But I don't have that choice, so I hate snow.

    Luckily it's been a few years since we've had that much. We've had a couple of inches here and there this year, but nothing major (though tonight we're supposed to get 6 inches). But when I started my car this morning, it was 2 degrees with a wind chill of -19. Thursday the actual temperature is supposed to be -4.

    I want to move down south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanna move south with me?

      I've been over this thing we call "winter" since October.

      Delete
  5. Hell yeah, you've reached a single mom milestone! But of course you were one all along, you just only have two kids to take care of instead of three!

    I was the EXACT same way as your Girl Child when I was her that age - always asking questions - and as much of a pain in the ass as it will be on the receiving end, I can't wait until I have a kid just like me. Actually, I think it's a thing with oldest kids - we feel like we need to know the answers to everything to tell our younger siblings. Wondering if you were the same way?

    And your Boy Child is right - you are way cooler than an alien head. I think I'm gonna use that expression now...

    And as bad as things might be (and the snow making everything worse, my area got hit pretty hard too) it's nice to see you guys just living your lives in spite of it all. Hope everything with this week gets over and done with and you can move on, because you've really been dealing with this crap for too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, very true. My friends tell me that all the time, "Eden you have always been a single mom."

      I'm glad she is so curious :) It shows she is thinking and has a good brain in her head! Still though, it can be...intense. I just figure she is trying to cram a lot of parent oriented learning in now so that she can apply herself to some self directed learning later. At least that is what I'm telling myself and DON'T RUIN IT FOR ME.

      Delete
  6. of course we want to talk to your attorney and hear from him

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl Child's continuous questioning is another sign that she would make a very good scientist! Please to encourage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I'm doing my best! It's not like anything I could say would stop her anyhow lol

      Delete
    2. Your girlchild is so cool and smart, I'm sure she could do anything she wants when she grows up!

      Delete
    3. Haha! I can only pray that I can help her funnel all that spunk into something good :)

      Delete