Monday, January 20, 2014

Surgery Again Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow (Tuesday) I have another appointment with the doctor. Can't say that I'm looking all that forward to it, but not much I can do about it, so I might as well hold my head high, smile and go for it!

I have to get all the packing taken out that they stitched and glued into my head when I was hemorrhaging, and there is a risk that I'll start to bleed out again, so...I'm scared. I'm scared a lot actually....

I'm feeling pretty beaten up already so I'm not sure how well this is going to go over but it's not like I have much choice.

My chest and throat hurt from being intubated fairly roughly and my tummy hurts from swallowing so much blood. Even my hands are bruised from where my veins blew when the nurses were literally squeezing the IV bags so they would go in faster and bring my blood pressure up.


This appointment is being done at a hospital in the city that has a larger trauma center, so that's a bit more reassuring, but I'd appreciate all the prayers, good vibes, and hugs you guys want to send me!

In other news, I've had a few exciting realizations these past couple of days that I can't wait to share with you guys, once I can type with both eyes open. Check back soon!

9 comments:

  1. I'm scared for you, feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and hope that it all goes OK. Looking forward to hearing about your realizations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck today!! I am and will be praying that all goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry; I didn't see this until just now! I posted a comment regarding today on the last blog entry you made. I had no idea you had to have surgery to have the glue/stuff removed. Ouch!!! I hope you fare much better today and have no pain after this procedure as well. Let us know when you can how you are doing. Keep taking good care of you! Much love and many hugs for you from the snowy east coast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, the glue had to be sucked out with this vacuum thing, I wish I was kidding! And there were some internal splints stitched in as well. Fuuuun times. It went great, home recovering now in the snowy place where I live :)

      Delete
  5. My apologies if this posts twice. I think my comment was eaten by blog mice.

    I just got caught up on your last few posts and you have definitely had a trying few days. I know from experience how terrifying it is to have to go back into surgery to fix something the first surgery messed up. Sending good thoughts and vibes your way. I hope you're able to recover quickly and with as little pain as possible.

    Hope you feel better soon. Keep us updated when you're able. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun :) The second surgery went great, and your right, it was scarier the second time around!! I just posted an update :)

      Hugs!

      Delete